10/21/2007: "New version of Greymatter weblog software (1.7.4) is released"
A new version of the Greymatter weblog software has been released yesterday. The announcement was made in the forums yesterday by Coldstone. I must especially thank Coldstone profusely here for all of his fantastic efforts on the GreyMatter weblog software that make it a viable blog platform to use. GreyMatter is improving hand over fist as time progresses.
The new version includes some new fixes and some new features. The new features mostly around security and comments include:
- more information given in comment email
- check that commenter came from a page on the Gm site
- force commenters to preview page, enhanced to put a secret value on the page
- throttle commments to slow down spammers
- 'all' option on paging, for those who don't want to go page by page
This version also includes a number of fixes:
- Fixed defect where comment email missing usefull information
- Refactored admin screens: Entrylist, View Entry
- Updated Edit Author screen so that option selections are preserved on an error
- Updated gm.cgi to 'use strict', but not permanently
- Applied fix to trailing whitespace in templates issue, posted by Carlos P
- Applied fix for "Author Smartlink Target Template", discovered by stryker
Let the updating begin!!